Sunday, March 22, 2015

Turkish Harem Pants

I wasn’t always a trekker. Passing people dressed in macs and waterproof trousers on old country paths whilst the rain was bucketing down and I sat safe and dry in the car, I knew exactly where I would rather be. Just the thought of trekking holidays would have brought me out in a particularly offensive rash (of the sort trekkers and wearers of such waterproof clothing no doubt got) and forced me to hunker down in the living room with some favourite old movies and a takeaway and not emerge for a good week.


So it may be surprising that I am now a regular on group holidays and have walked more corners of this earth than I ever thought I was capable of. I surprise myself even.


But I was first convinced to try trekking when a friend wished me to sponsor her trek along the Inca Trail. I was adamant in my non acquiescence. Absolutely not, I thought. Who in their right mind gives money to someone who gets free group holidays out of it? It was only on second thought that I noticed what a worthy cause she was supporting and thought – heck, why not and I could do that myself.


To cut to the chase it was a life affirming experience. Whilst I would not wish to suggest the UK’s own National Trust walks are not of the highest standards of workmanship and aesthetic appeal (some areas of the UK are very fine indeed), the Inca Trail is unique.


Nowhere else do you feel so far removed from the realities of daily life. Nowhere else can you see old Inca stonework and feel like it’s been seen for the very first time. And nowhere else can you so truly feel like an explorer. It was that magic of discovery – an evocation of how Hiram Bingham must have felt the very first time he set eyes on the lost city – that really sets this trek apart. On my visit the weather was also much better than I’ve experienced on light strolls in the UK, which certainly helps!


Of course, all of that is very easy to say when you have nothing else to compare it to and by this time I’d got the bug. I booked some more trekking holidays straightaway. I continued training after the Inca Trail and walked through the Pyrenees French and Spanish, then onto the Lycian Way in Turkey and the old pilgrimage – the Camino de Santiago – all of which were absolutely fantastic.


From a former non trekker, take it from me – it’s fantastic!


This article was written by Thom Sanders on behalf of the Adventure Company. They offer fantastic Trekking holidays, as well as other great Group holidays.


Article Source: EzineArticles.com


Turkish Harem Pants

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Turkish Harem Pants Women and Men Pick your by … – Etsy

http://ift.tt/1HjnKD8;

US$ 60.00 – ‎In stock

100% cotton super soft and lovely Indian block print harem pants. Super wide, super flowy with comfortable non roll elastic waistband which can.

Harem pants – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://ift.tt/1EvhTeL

The term ‘harem pants’ subsequently became popular in the West as a generic term for baggy trousers caught in at the ankle that suggest the Turkish style, …






from HaremPants.XYZ http://ift.tt/1EFOLQR

Created by Creatives Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment